Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dial M for Megaladon (Ch. 3)

The Gym was light years different from the interior of the musty interior of the Galactic Grub, It was like walking into an entirely different universe.
the Gym was a wide open area, well lit with chandeliers every few hundred feet or so. A small lake was at the opposite end of where the two were standing, with a small boat tied up to a dock, and there were two trees, with a hammock between them, along with an enormous treehouse, where M Cassie lived. A generous patch of grass was at the foot of the door, where Cornelius was grazing.
"Mff Mf Mfff!" Cornelius said, his monocle fogging up again.
"Oi, what's the matter with you, now?" Megaladon asked, sternly but with love.
"I said," Cornelius began as he swallowed the grass, "That this is the best grass I have eaten on this side of the galaxy!" A tear of joy rolled down his nose, and M. Cassie held a bottle underneath it.
"What are you doing?" Megaladon asked.
"Do you know how much unicorn tears go for? A lot. That is how much." M Cassie corked off the bottle, and slid it into her breast pocket.
"Hey! That should belong to me! It is my unicorn that is crying!" Megaladon shrieked as she attempted to grab the vial of liquid moolah. A short scuffle ensued, and before long, the bottle broke. The tears sank into the ground, and a small rose bush appeared, bearing the most beautiful roses ever seen to the girls. They admired its beauty a minute longer, before getting to the business at hand.
"So, uh. If you knew I had a Pokemon egg, then do you..."
"Of course I do." M Cassie snapped. "I know all."
"Then, do you think, maybe..."
"Gimme the egg."
Megaladon took the egg from the saddle bag of the now asleep Cornelius, who snored out a cloud of glitter contentedly, and passed the egg to M Cassie. She looked at the egg, examined every side and crook, looked at every small splotch of color and imperfection. She lightly traced over the edges, and lightly tapped on it an random places, as she said small phrases, such as "Hm." and "Ah," and "tut tut tut."
"So can you tell me what kind of Pokemon I have?" Megaladon hopefully asked.
"I'm afraid I cannot do that. It is against the code of Pokemon Whisperers such as myself. What if I told you this Pokemon were, say, a Meowth? Would you still love it?"
"Well, duh. Meowths are the shiz, yo."
"What about a Ratatta?"
"Well, those are slightly annoying, but I don't see-"
"Or a Magikarp?"
"OK. I see your point."
"I have seen so many undesirable Pokemon abandoned... because most people want the 'cool' pokemon, like Pikachu, or Squirtle, or-"
"Charizard?"
"Yes, exactly," M Cassie said with a far away look in her eyes. "I couldn't bear that happening to another pokemon!"
"OK. I promise I shall love and cherish my Pokemon, no matter how craptacular the power. Happy now?" Megaladon said impatiently.
"Well, when you put it that way, No. But I can tell you this- You will love your Pokemon. Eventually. And this Pokemon will love you too. Eventually."
"Thanks for the optimism. So when does this sucker hatch?"
Megaladon had numerous other questions to ask, like if it was good enough to destroy the swarm of Zombies led by Emperor JB. That JB was a tricky one, hypnotizing all those teen girls through his pop ditty's. The teen boys suffered the worst though, Attempting to like his music so that they can attract a female themselves. And the haircuts? Megaladon shuddered at the thought. There were some that were unaffected by the hypnotism. But not many. Pokemon were the only ones who could truly battle and defeat him, so it was important to have a badass powerful Pokemon, especially if you happened to be one of the integral leaders of the rebel alliance. she had to have a powerful Pokemon! And it had to be cuddly as well! The galaxy depended on it!
"So, like I said earlier before the author got lost on the back story, when does this sucker hatch?"
"I believe, it should hatch within the week or so. So make yourself comfortable, you may be here for a while."
"Will do!" Megaladon said. She was already in her sweatpants, and was making her way towards the hammock. "Oh, and I like my eggs over easy. With Bacon. Lots and lots of bacon. See you in the morning!"
M Cassie shuddered. This was going to be a loooong week.

1 comment:

  1. ...There are just so many quotes I could spew out here. I will forever be quoting this novel.

    ReplyDelete