Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dial M for Megaladon (Ch. 2)

Megaladon and Cornelius were flying on a rainbow through space at a speed not quite unlike the speed of light. Things were going smoothly. The space debris ring around Mars was looking better, ever since the previous government decided to use Titan as the solar system garbage center. The Moon was known as the solar system recycle center. But still, Space Punks (Or teenagers, as the 21st century called them) still littered excessively. Megaladon pulled out her new egg.
"What do you suppose could be in here?" She pondered to herself.
"A Pokemon!" Said Cornelius enthusiastically.
"WOW I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED." Megaladon yelled sarcastically.
"...Sorry. You asked, and you received." Cornelius looked sad.
"Are you alright?" Megaladon asked, worried. "Your monocle is fogging up."
"Wha-? No. Don't be silly. I, er, it is REALLY hot up here. You know. Solar System Warning."
And so it was. The pathways between the planets were each connected to tube-like tubes and those in turn were hooked up to artificial atmosphere machines, which were impermeable to most nuclear bombs and weapons of mass destruction,. Emergency escape pods were every 1 AU or so, give or take. It got hot up there sometimes, but nothing that a Unicorn and a Ninja couldn't handle.
The two of them headed towards the Asteroid belt, where all the seedy characters lived and stayed. But there was a specific Jedi she had to talk to, to help her hatch this egg of hers.
They arrived at their destination, a seedy little run down bar. before Darth JB and his army of Zombies took over the galaxy, it was the place to go to get all your galactic grub on. Which was why it was called Galactic Grub. As they touched down on the little asteroid, Megaladon took off her helmet and walked up to the grubby red door. She knocked 4 times in succession, paused, and knocked twice more. A panel disappeared from the door, and a bright eye covered in mascara and hope appeared.
"You got the password?" She asked quixotically.
"Klaatu. Barado. Nikto."
The eye was gone, and a number of locks were unlocked.
"Come this way! I have been expecting you! And please, bring Cornelius with you! Space can get chilly sometimes," Master Cassie smiled as she led Megaladon and Cornelius in through the grimy interior of the bar.
"I like what you've done with the place," Megaladon said as she sidestepped a broken chair.
"I know! It really throws the Galactic Police off our trail!" M Cassie gushed with pride. She wore a long white lab coat with well loved combat boots. Her red hair was braided into a long braid that ran halfway down her back.
"I understand you have an egg with you, am I correct?" M Cassie asked.
"How on asteroid did you find that out?" Megaladon asked, dumbstruck.
"I know all." M Cassie stopped in her tracks, and stared at Megaladon.
"I should've guesses... but can you help me?"
"Of course! I would never leave a ninja hanging. Or, you know, I could die. And the force would be in jeopardy, and the universe could explode."
"Yeah. That could happen."
There was silence. The two of them walked to the end of the bar, where a hidden door stood, hidden. M Cassie unlocked the door with her master key,
"You ready for this?" M Cassie warned.
Megaladon put on her sunglasses. "I was BORN ready."
M Cassie opened the door, and the duo entered The Gym.

2 comments:

  1. That ending was just so epic. Also, I liked the word repetitions. A hidden door that is hidden. A tube-like tube. But I laughed SO LOUD when you mentioned Cornelius's monocle. HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm still laughing. My roommate thinks I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone likes unicorns. And everyone likes monocles. So Everyone has to like unicorns with monocles, right? That was the thought process. And the repetitions are kind of "my thing" so to speak. AKA I am redundant Rachel. If my name was Rachel.

    ReplyDelete