Friday, June 11, 2010

The Captain

Years and years ago, I was but a young girl.
Quite a feat, because I am still a young girl. But the opportunity arose for me to go on an adventure. And I took the opportunity, because I am, in fact, only human.
But I decided to go on this adventure because I was a pirate, and Pirates go on adventures all the time. This adventure would mark the end of an extremely long journey, twelve years in the making! Do you know how long twelve years is? A dozen. That is how many.
But I slipped into the ceremonial adventure gown that so many have donned before me, snow white for the females, and crimson for the males, I gathered the symbolic pieces of metal and cord that I have earned over the years. I saw many others with their adventure cords, and I felt at ease. There would be many before me that would rise to this occasion. I slowly entered the dark and barren cave that would be the main stage for the adventure. I stood there among my comrades and peers, and waited for an end that would not come swiftly enough. The ceremonial gowns were quite hot, and I knew it would be a long time before I would be able to take it off. I decided to straighten my square, matching cap, and suck it up, so I wouldn't be such a pussy. The line was moving! Finally! I looked at my friends in the dark cave, as we entered an amphitheater. There were strange creatures looking upon us, with flashing eyes, and signs that had symbols on them. They were screaming, as if there for a celebration... weird.
I sat in the ceremonial chair. I did not know why I was there, but I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. The twelve year journey prepared me for the epic boring-ness of the situation. I knew how to keep occupied. I spaced out as strange people gave strange, generic speeches.
But wait! Everyone was standing up! I did too. It was my time to fly, dear readers, and I was to fly with style. I got to the screamers with the loud voices.
"NAME?" He screamed, quite loudly
"Captain A Pasal!" I screamed at him, and took my place on the stage with the large multiplication sign stuck on the stage. He screamed out the name, and I strode across the stage.
Then I sat down. That was the end of my adventure. I must begin preparing for the next one.
At the end of the journey, we threw up our pointy, square caps.
We did it, Team 2010.
Live long and prosper, bitches.

2 comments:

  1. Aaah, so Captain, I see you made it through the adventure initiation ceremony. I am here to lead you on the next leg of the journey. Meet me at 12:34 at the place (you know the one) and let forth the cry of a melancholy wolf so that I might know you have arrived. Make sure it's melancholy, and not gloomy. The gloomy wolf call is a warning for when the ferret army returns. If you do that, I may kill you inadvertently.

    Good luck, adventurer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am still alive, so I am assuming I made it. I thought my call was a bit more of a depressed wolf, but it got the job done. I have the list, and am gathering the items as we speak. Where does one acquire a unicorn horn? I thought they were invisible for the most part... until tomorrow, my friend.
    -A Pasal.

    ReplyDelete